There are now TWO options for those who want to participate in the Mora Classic Series. We have heard over the years that there are people who would like to participate, but don’t feel they are ready to participate in one or more of the longer events. This addition was made to foster involvement in these events and in an active lifestyle for people with varying levels of ability. You can now participate in the:
MORA CLASSIC – this is the traditional event consisting of the canoe race, half marathon, 50 mile bike tour, and 35k or longer Vasaloppet.
MOTION SERIES – this is our new option consisting of the canoe race, 5k run, 25 mile bike tour, and 13k Vasaloppet.
- As it has been in the last several years, these events can be started at any point in the year, but all 4 events must be completed in series.
- This option starts with the 2014 canoe race. You can not tell us you have completed shorter events earlier in the year and have them used toward the Motion Series.
- Awards will be presented to those that finish the Motion Series, but will be the same award each year. The award will not change with landmark years as in the Mora Classic awards.
- This option is open to people of all ages.
- If you have any questions, you can contact us through the Mora Classic Series Facebook page, or for non-Facebook users, you can e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org